HumRRO offers innovative custom solutions to a wide variety of federal government agencies. The services we provide, tailored uniquely to each client’s goals, are grounded in a deep understanding of the federal sector and a collaborative and nimble working style. They include developing employee selection and promotion assessments; evaluating training, educational, and leader development programs; analyzing human capital data; and conducting policy, modeling, and simulation studies.
Specific examples of our work in the federal sector include:
- Cutting edge, rich media online simulations for both employee selection and leadership development purposes. To see a demo, please click here. One of these assessment programs was recognized with a 2013 HR Impact Award sponsored by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology.
- Dozens of recent job analysis and competency modeling efforts for many different federal job series, including the Intelligence Analyst and Special Agent positions at the Federal Bureau of Investigation and all Transportation Security Officer (TSO) jobs at the Transportation Security Administration.
- Rigorously developed assessment centers, frequently used for promotion purposes, for agencies including the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) and the Social Security Administration (SSA).
- A comprehensive evaluation of DoD’s premier leadership development program for civilian employees (the Defense Senior Leader Development Program, or DSLDP). This work contributed to the development of HumRRO’s own evaluation framework, the Return on Learning Experience (ROLE) Model™.
- Integrated skills-based certification programs at the Veterans Benefits Administration that span multiple claims processing representative jobs and include multiple-choice knowledge components as well as simulation-based analysis and In-Basket exercises.
- Leading the development of a pre-employment assessment battery for selecting air traffic controllers (the Air Traffic Standardized Aptitude Test, or AT-SAT). This work won the Society for Industrial and Organizational (I-O) Psychology’s M. Scott Myers Award, which honors examples of outstanding I-O practice in the workplace.
To learn more about our work for clients in the federal government sector, click on the links below:
- Develop tests and assessments for hiring and promotion, from paper-and-pencil to computer adaptive to media-rich simulations
- Project staffing needs, fill mission-critical positions, and link “people data” to key business outcomes through Human Capital Analytics
- Design and evaluate leader development initiatives, from junior to senior levels
- Conduct personnel research, policy, and analysis studies
- Create cutting edge mathematical models and computer simulations to depict how complex systems interact